Analytics - Data Science
Data science is an interdisciplinary field about processes and systems to extract knowledge or
insights from data in various forms, either structured or unstructured, which is a continuation
of some of the data analysis fields such as statistics, data mining, and predictive analytics.
Functions of Data Science and how it contributes to the ITaaS model:
- Manage large amounts of data despite hardware, software, and bandwidth constraints.
- Merge data sources.
- Ensure consistency of datasets.
- Create visualizations to aid in understanding data.</span
- Build mathematical models using the data.
- Present and communicate the data insights/findings.
- Expected to produce answers in days rather than months.
- Work by exploratory analysis and rapid iteration.
- Produce and present results with dashboards (displays of current values).