Infrastructure - Database Administration
Our expert team of Database Administrators (DBA’s) are responsible for the upkeep, configuration,
and reliable operation of database managment systems (DBMS). They ensure the uptime, performance, resources, and security of the DBMS they manage meeting the needs of the users they support.
To meet these needs, we acquire, install, or upgrade DBMS, maintain security policies, troubleshoot, train and/or supervise existing staff, or offer technical support for projects.
Functions of Database Administrators and how it contributes to the ITaaS model:
- Identify and manage up-to-date documentation on all database system hardware, software, and users.
- Installation, configuration and upgrading of database server software and related products.
- Establish and maintain sound backup and recovery policies and procedures.
- Evaluate database features, design and implementation.
- Implement and maintain database security (create and maintain users and roles, assign privileges).
- Database tuning and performance monitoring.
- Application tuning and performance monitoring.
- Plan growth and changes (capacity planning).