Infrastructure - Systems Administration
Our expert team of System Administrators (SA’s) are responsible for the upkeep, configuration, and reliable operation of computer systems, especially multi-user computers, such as servers.
They ensure uptime, performance, resources, and security of the systems they manage meeting
the needs of the users they support.
To meet these needs, we acquire, install, or upgrade computer components and software, provide routine automation, maintain security policies, troubleshoot, train and/or supervise existing staff, or offer technical
support for projects.
Functions of System Administrators and how it contributes to the ITaaS model:
- Identify and manage up-to-date documentation on all computer system hardware, software, and users.
- Configure, add, delete, and maintain file systems.
- Analyze system logs and identify potential issues with computer systems.
- Introduce and integrate new technologies into existing data center environments.
- Perform routine system and software audits.
- Apply operating system updates, patches, and configuration changes.
- Install and configure new hardware and software.
- Add, remove, or update user account information, resets passwords, etc.
- Answer technical queries and assist users.
- Responsible for system wide security.
- Responsible for documenting the configuration of systems.
- Troubleshoot any reported problems.
- System performance tuning.