Support - Patch Management
Patch management is the process of using a strategy and plan of what patches
should be applied to at a specified time.
Functions of Patch Management and how it contributes to the ITaaS model:
- Fixing security vulnerabilities and other bugs.
- Improving the usability and performance.
- Fix problems with libraries or with portions of source code for programs in frequent use or in maintenance.
- Implementing a security patch applied to an asset to correct the weakness described by a vulnerability.
- Hot patching is the application of patches without shutting down and restarting the system.